How to get a Philippine passport: There is a more convenient way to get a passport other than lining up early. This will not only save you time but also helps you avoid the hassle of waking up and lining up early. This article provides information on how to apply passport online. Read this if you are a Filipino looking for info on how to apply passport in the Philippines.
How to get philippine passport
For only PhP 1,300 pesos, anyone qualified for a Philippines passport application can now apply for a new Philippine passport online. This online service allows Filipinos who have not been issued a Philippine passport to process their Philippine Passport for the first time. The new Philippine passport online application service is an improvement of an earlier service introduced by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) which only limits online passport processing to Philippine passport renewal. Here’s a guide on how to apply for Philippine passport, specifically how to apply passport online in the Philippines
How to apply for a new passport online:
1. Prepare all the necessary passport requirements. These include:
- Marriage Contract
- PRC / IBP ID
- Land Title
- Driver’s License
- Government Service Record
- Old SSS-E1 form or digitized SSS-ID
- School Form 137 or Transcript of Records
- Other documents that show full name and birth details of applicant and/or citizenship
- Voter’s Registration Record
- Baptismal Certificate
- Seaman’s Book
- Income Tax Return (Old)
2. Fill up a philippine passport application form. Take note of the pick up and personal appearance date. You may change this if it is in conflict with your schedule.
3. Pay PhP 1,300 when your requirements are picked up.
4. Go to the DFA on your appearance date. Instructions on what to do during your appearance are included in the latest passport online application form. Passport Direct customers use the priority lane so it will not be as difficult as when you line up and apply for your application directly at the DFA.
5. Wait for your passport to be delivered. Make sure to prepare identification documents as the courier may require this when delivering your passport.
Approval for passports applied online is not guaranteed as this still depends on the discretion of the DFA. Personal appearance is required except for the following:
children 8 years old and below
individual 65 years old and above
persons who are mentally or physically incapacitated
Personal appearance for applicants who processed their new Philippine passport online will only be accommodated at the DFA Manila. Individuals based in the Visayas and Mindanao must therefore seek for the help of travel agencies instead or they will pay more for their airfare during their personal appearance.
PLEASE READ: This site is not affiliated with DFA or any passport processing agency. Please contact DFA for your queries, concerns and for more information on how to apply for passport.